[2021 the newest guide] Digital Media is the New TV

Outlines:


1. Video

2. Powerpoint

3. Digital Media is the New TV

4. The best utility of the social media

5. 14 ways social media helps businesses

6. How to produce and distribute contents massively using GaryVee Contents model

7. How companies use the GaryVee Contents model






1. Digital Media is the New TV


If you are not making contents for the internet, you are not existing - GaryVaynerchuk

Do you think this is extreme? Well, not really. Let's look at the size of the internet today.


Source from hootsuite


What this graph is essentially saying is that MORE THAN THE HALF of the world population is on the internet. And the internet is not going anywhere. Moreover, this population is only going to grow toward the future. We can say this with confidence because we are not predicting but this phenomenon is already happening. We are in the very era witnessing this happen.


So the question becomes, how can you reach this now, 4 Billion+ people?



This pattern is taking place in the United States along generational lines, with TV ratings for teens and younger twenty-somethings falling by 40 percent.In addition, a Deloitte survey found that 19-25-year-olds reported that 39% of their TV content time was spent watching video streaming as compared to 29% watching live programming and streaming(31%) was also ahead of live viewing among 26-32-year-olds. A Defy Media research similarly indicated that 13-24-year-olds spend more time on streaming content that is free and subscription-based than on TV.


The beginning of 2016 also marked the first time that 50 percent of US TV households had streaming video services, while DVR penetration has stayed stagnant over the past six quarters (49-50 percent).


With the introduction of Facebook Live, YouTube Live, live-stream programming on Twitter, and Periscope in the last two years, social media platforms have been swift to jump on these developments by expanding to provide streaming services.


The second debate had 63 million viewers, while 124 million viewers watched debate material (including all videos related to the debate) on YouTube, 3.2 million tuned into Twitter's Livestream, and Facebook's Live streaming collaboration with ABC News garnered over 7 million views. And we saw the implications of this play out in recent presidential debates.


So the answer is obvious. The answer is social media because....


Social Media Is the New Television​


So now, it is crystal clear that you have to be on social media, Let's talk about how you can best utilize social media, where you should spend your efforts on and how you should create and distribute the content for it.


2. The best utility of the social media


1. Increase brand awareness


With almost half of the world's population using social media sites, they are a natural way to meet potential consumers who are fresh and highly targeted.


2. Humanize your brand A UK study from Trinity Mirror Solutions found that once they see "real-world evidence that the company is upholding its commitments, more than half of adults do not trust a brand. You have to demonstrate the human side of your brand to communicate with clients and potential customers. How do you embrace your principles as a brand? (Do you even have brand values?) How do you search after your clients and employees' best interests? Does it really work for your product?



3. Establish your brand as a thought leader Social media provides the ability to develop your brand as a thought leader, the go-to source for knowledge on topics relevant to your niche, no matter what industry your company is in.


4. Stay top of mind in people According to Pew Research Center, most social media users log into their accounts at least once a day and several people conduct social checks many times a day.


5. Increase site traffic Posts and advertising on social media are key ways to drive traffic to your website. Sharing great content on your social media from your blog or website is a great way to get followers as soon as you publish a new article.


6. Generate leads Social networking provides potential customers a simple and low-commitment way to show interest in your company and your goods. Lead generation is such a significant advantage in business social media that many social networks provide advertisement formats expressly designed to gather leads.


7. Partner with influencers 20 to 50 percent of purchase decisions is guided by word of mouth. You build brand recognition and reputation when you get people talking about your product or business on social media, and set yourself up for further sales.


8. Go viral Your content is introduced to new viewers, their friends, and fans, as individuals start to like, comment on, and share your social media. Going viral takes this definition a step further. Your content spreads across the internet, having thousands or even millions of views, as individuals share your content with their networks, and their networks follow suit. -As a result, on a material that you distributed for free, you might get millions of eyeballs.


9. Reputation management / Crisis communication On social media, your customers are already talking about you, whether or not you're there to react. If you and your team are on the ball, before it turns into a big problem, you can pick up relevant social posts about your brand to highlight the positive and fix the negative.


For instance, when two black men were arrested in a Philadelphia Starbucks store, the hashtag #BoycottStarbucks went viral and fast. In only three days, the hashtag was used more than 100,000 times. That is officially a crisis.


The business followed up with even more posts on social media following this first apology and announced that it would shut all of its shops for a day of racial bias training. What the long-term repercussions of this incident would be for the Starbucks brand remains to be seen but if the company had not reacted quickly and properly on social media, the results would almost certainly have been worse.


Will your business have a strategy for coping with a crisis in place? While smaller brands may not see a crisis blow upon such a wide scale, a smaller number of shares within a tight-knit group or niche can have a devastating effect.


When it comes to reacting to crises on social media, silence is no choice. Maintaining well-run and maintained social media and getting a strategy in place will help ensure that if the worst happens, you are present and ready to participate. Starbucks, to its credit, responded quickly.


10. Customer and audience engagement Social networks give you the opportunity to connect directly with users and supporters, and also give them the opportunity to communicate directly with your brand. Social media, unlike conventional media, which provides only one-way contact, is a two-way path.


This is one of the most crucial feature of social media. Brands today can have closer relationships with customers. Take advantage of this character about social media and create a community who actually cares about your brand.

11. Customer service and customer support People expect brands to be available on social media and search out customer service from their social accounts. Research reported in the Harvard Business Review indicates that their bottom line is affected by brands that don't meet those standards.


The HBR report, which looks specifically at Tweets, shows that consumers who receive a response to their Tweet will be prepared to spend more on a later purchase with the brand especially if they receive a response within five minutes.I mean think about it....


1 piece of content = 4 billion potential exposures. The opportunity of potentially reaching 4 billion people on the internet is incredible because this one piece of content will live on the internet once you post it which means that it becomes a piece of asset that anyone can see. Of course, there is an algorithm and the older the content gets, the harder it is to be discovered across all platforms, but once your content is out, it is out there!!


And don't just post anything, but pick up what your followers like from engaging with your followers.


Speaking of talking with your followers, build actual relationships and the community by heavily engaging with them. This becomes customer loyalty.


Another way to build community is by answering customer's questions. Seek out questions around the solution you are providing on forums and groups and answer them. You can even make content about it as a video and distribute it from your social media.


Finally, in order for you to reach 4 billion potential exposures, it is about 80% odd, and chance, 10 % content, 10% strategy which means that for you to get a higher chance of going viral, you need to distribute your contents as frequently and widely as possible. You need to take one piece of content and turn it into video, audio, blog, texts, every possible form of content and distribute them.